This Coin Toss interactive also includes:
Are your young mathematicians having a hard time making heads or tails of probabilities? It's no toss up—here is a resource that's sure to straighten them out! Learners run the interactive to toss a coin a different number of times. Using the results, they compare the experimental probabilities to the theoretical probabilities of random coin tosses. They finish by explaining their data and which test run came the closest to the what they expected.
- Use the applet to run simulations when the probability is 1/2
- Individuals should understand basic probability
- Change the numbers in the questions to match the data collected in the table
- Provides a table to help organize the data
- Displays the data either as a list, frequency table, or ratio