This Controlling Emotions in Conflicts lesson plan also includes:
"Stop! Think! and Cool Down!" Participants in the third lesson in the Resolving Conflicts module learn how to pause and reflect in stressful situations rather than react. The class generates a list of strategies that could help control strong emotions generated by conflicts and then practice applying these strategies in several scenarios.
- Post the list of emotion-controlling strategies in a prominent place in the classroom
- Remind participants to keep all materials generated in the modules in their course folders
- Third of six lessons in the Resolving Conflicts module
- Requires the homework assignment from the previous lesson
- Have the "Stress Factors" activity sheet completed—from a previous module
- Individuals apply what they learned in previous lessons about managing stress