This Constructing Arguments Part 2 lesson plan also includes:
What is the biggest issue facing young people today? Class members consider the question—along with other provocative pieces from the New York Times—and then try their hand at writing their own arguments and backing them up with evidence. Once complete, scholars swap essays with their peers for feedback using included guidelines and rubrics.
- Use prompt for deconstructing arguments and the short video to engage learners on how to structure an argument
- Ask class members to use the included New York Times links to practice writing their own arguments
- Lesson plan requires that pupils have a computer, but it includes alternate directions for writing exercises
- Contains all materials, including rubrics and worksheets for prompts
- Issues are relatable to today's young people