This Commandos activity & project also includes:
- Join to access all included materials
First create a starting line and ending line in the gym. After divvying up the class into equal teams, each team lines up in a straight row behind the starting point. Each player is lined up behind the other on their team. When you yell "go!" the last person at the back crawls through the legs of each person on their team to the front of the line. Then, that player yells "next" and the next person goes. This continues until the line keeps moving forward toward the finish line. The first team to have all players cross the finish wins!
- Have each team come up with a code word to shout when it is the next player's turn to go, avoiding any confusion if all groups are yelling "next"
- Encourage class members to cheer on their teammates
- Challenge teams to make it to the finish line and back again to the starting line
- Video suggests making equal teams of 5–10 players, but modify group size based on class size
- Ensure children don't knock each other down while crawling under a team member's leg
- Does not require any equipment
- Promotes teamwork