This Cast Your Vote lesson plan also includes:
- Join to access all included materials
In a simple but unique lesson, youngsters learn about the history of voting systems. They then collaborate in groups to develop a new honest and consistent voting method. A class-wide poll is taken, evaluating the designs of other groups. This would be a fun lesson to do in November around election time!
- Combines engineering with social studies
- Promotes problem solving and cooperation in small groups
- Ten critical thinking questions included to help learners self-evaluate
- Could be used in a STEM lesson or to meet Next Generation Science Standards