This Voting and the Constitution lesson plan also includes:
How difficult was it for everyone to get voting rights? Understanding voting rights and the fight to get them for everyone in the United States can be tricky for some learners. However, they are clarified after engaging in the activities, comprehension questions, and constitutional readings provided here.
- Extend learning through doing a role play where only certain class members can vote before allowing everyone in the class to vote; discuss afterward how these class members felt
- Last lesson in a series of 20 covering the US Constitution, the resource works best in sequential order
- No additional prep work needed
- Includes comprehension questions and answer key
- Extensive Write About It sections help make learning meaningful
- Scaffolded reading exercises are provided