A video about careers takes a close look at becoming a gym owner. The host explains the ups and downs of owning a business, being part of the fitness industry, and describes necessary schooling, including anatomy and nutrition, as well as required specific certification.
- For those interested, encourage them to tour a local gym and speak to the owner
- Ask a gym owner to speak to the class about their profession
- Challenge pupils to research what it takes to own their own business and franchise it
- The video is part of the Career Connections series by PBS
- Detailed the owner not-so-typical journey to his current career
- Highlights happy patrons
- Advertises for a specific gym