This Building a General Quadratic Function assessment also includes:
Rewrite a quadratic function to easily see the transformations involved. The instructional task takes a general quadratic function and rewrites it into a form that shows the translations and scaling of the parent quadratic function. The form allows the quadratic formula to be derived easily.
- For those that struggle with dealing with all the variables, have them work with concrete examples
- The class should be comfortable manipulating variables as opposed to numbers
- Class members should have already completed the previous task, "Building an Explicit Quadratic Function"
- The solution shows all the steps needed to go from one point to the next
- Includes a connection to another task that uses a similar process