Work in reverse with the product becoming the given. Using a spreadsheet image of the graph of a trigonometric function, young scholars investigate methods of creating spreadsheet data that results in the given graph. The catch? The data creation must involve formulas and cannot include a trigonometric function.
- Use the activity to investigate an application of the derivative a trigonometric equation
- Requires derivatives to complete the activity
- Provide access to spreadsheet software
- Expects higher order thinking strategies
- Uses an open-ended question to investigate multiple concepts