This Beating Usain Bolt video also includes:
Beating Usain requires a head start. With a race against Usain Bolt as a background, the resource introduces a system of linear equations. A quick activity uses tables to determine whether a head start is enough for the presenter to win a race against Usain Bolt. The video challenges individuals to determine how much of a head start the presenter needs to come out victorious.
- Instead of plotting the line, plot the individual points determined in the table
- Lead a discussion on the types of problems that require a system to solve
- Pupils should understand graphs of lines and slope
- Part of the Math at the Core: Ratios series
- Provides a visual to see the differences in distance
- Contains learning outcomes