This Baseball: A Morale Booster During Wartime? interactive also includes:
How did baseball become America's national pastime? A sports-minded activity explores the importance government placed on baseball to boost morale during both world wars. Academics read letters to understand the importance of baseball during wartime. Scholars also complete a worksheet and participate in group discussions to understand the impact of Americans' favorite sport.
- Guide a group discussion on ways the government boosted morale during wartime
- Compare the need to boost morale during WWII to the Vietnam War
- A portion of the activity is completed online
- Resource includes an extension activity if time allows
- Short length of activity makes it easy to incorporate into another lesson