This Balancing Act: The Three Branches lesson plan also includes:
What do hula hoops and the American system of government have in common? Using hands-on station activities, pupils consider the roles of the three branches of government. A script for teachers and writing prompts help round out a complete unit plan on how the branches of government work.
- Use hands-on activities to demonstrate concepts such as the system of checks and balances
- Integrate understandings from these lessons and previous instruction using included writing prompts
- Learners must have a background in the founding documents, such as the Constitution and Bill of Rights
- Activities are great independently or as part of a whole unit
- Lesson plan includes active learning that allows for hands-on demonstrations
- Not all the resource links work