This Understanding Other Religious Beliefs lesson plan also includes:
Learn what it means to respect others in an engaging lesson on religious beliefs. An inclusive resource focuses on understanding other religious beliefs, the right to freedom of religion, and the U.S. history of religious diversity. Academics review vocabulary, participate in group discussion, and complete a poster prompting religious tolerance.
- Have learners share ways their families celebrate religion at home
- Invite local religious leaders to speak to the class about their experiences
- Younger learners may need more background knowledge on religion before starting the lesson
- Lesson promotes tolerance and diversity
- The resource provides an additional activity that includes the entire school and community