This Analyzing a Photograph of Sally Ride interactive also includes:
Sometimes, a picture really does say it all. The activity uses a picture of astronaut Sally Ride to help elementary academics make observations and form conclusions. Young historians study the picture, complete short written prompts, and discuss what they think Sally Ride's job is based on the image.
- Have learners draw a picture of Sally Ride
- Create a visual board representing astronauts and NASA
- The activity requires Internet access to complete the written responses
- The activity is great to use for Women's History Month
- Resource gives young scholars a great introduction to historical analysis