This A Teacher's Guide to the Signet Classics Edition of Walden and "Civil Disobedience" by Henry David Thoreau study guide also includes:
- Teacher Reference
- Join to access all included materials
According to Henry David Thoreau, every citizen must object to unjust laws. The teacher's guide to Thoreau's "Civil Disobedience" begins with a detailed essay synopsis to help readers understand Thoreau's rationale in the challenging text. It also includes background information about Thoreau, before, during, and after reading activities, and suggestions for projects and topics for further research.
- Divide the class into five expert groups, assign each a different section of the synopsis to read and discuss, and jigsaw the groups with experts detailing their understanding of the section they studied
- Page numbers are for the Signet Classics edition of Thoreau's "Civil Disobedience"
- The very academic 24-page guide focuses strictly on the "Civil Disobedience" essay
- Includes an Anticipation Guide that pupils complete before and after reading "Civil Disobedience"