This A Confederacy of Dunces by John Kennedy Toole video also includes:
- Join to access all included materials
Rather than windmills, Ignatius J. Reilly, the hero of John Kennedy Toole's Pulitzer Prize-winning A Confederacy of Dunces, battles against modernity. Find out why Professor Walter Isaacson thinks Toole's novel should get viewers' votes to be included in The Great American Read series.
- Have groups generate a list of modern devices that they feel will lead to the downfall of civilization
- Familiarity with Miguel de Cervantes' Don Quixote is helpful but not required
- Suggested for grades 6-12 but most appropriate for grades 11 and 12 and college-level readers
- The voting for the Great American Read program has closed
- Includes discussion questions and a vocabulary list