Surprisingly, many real-life situations follow a linear pattern. For example, a home may appreciate at a constant rate each year as in the video lesson. The instructor models how to create a table, write an equation, and make a prediction based on the linear relationship.
- Create a set of similar problems to follow the video lesson as independent practice
- Consider monitoring YouTube comments if making available for independent viewing
- Requires experience with linear relationships
- The use of color organizes the steps of the problem and displays all the work on one screen
- Organizes information in a table, which encourages multiple representations