When scientists first wanted to study car safety, they didn't use crash test dummies—they were the testers! A short video traces the history of car safety innovations in engines, frames, brakes, and more.
7 Views 6 Downloads CCSS: Adaptable
- Research the current record for the fastest car
- Compare safety statistics before and after each of the discussed safety innovations
- Relies on prior knowledge of common car safety features
- This resource is only available on an unencrypted HTTP website. It should be fine for general use, but don’t use it to share any personally identifiable information
- High interest, especially to teens
- Links to many other videos on the science of automobiles