Scholars analyze the role of women in the military in United States history. Using group research, debate, and diary entries, they explore various military activity in America. To complete the lesson, young historians write an essay demonstrating their understanding of the topic.
- Separate the class into research groups to investigate and present various information on American wars and women's roles in each
- Invite a local military woman as a guest speaker
- Debate groups should be divided into thirds of the class
- Resource provides printable materials for classroom use
- Lesson includes discussion and written response questions for materials