This Wind Power video also includes:
Wind power blows non-renewable sources away! Why are there not more wind power plants? Science sleuths track down the reasons behind our limited use of wind energy with a video from NOVA's energy unit. The resource covers the storage and transmission problems associated with wind energy.
- Use the resource as a stand-alone for a wind study or as a part of the NOVA Energy unit
- Have students record average wind speeds in your area for a week, then compare the data with the speeds needed for efficient energy production
- Show the class a picture of a wind farm if they are not familiar with them
- Presents wind's limitations in a very straightforward fashion
- Contains links to additional resources that make great extensions