Is that warm, fuzzy family feeling a product of evolution? Explore altruism through a video from an engaging science series. The narrator discusses parental instincts, evolutionary fitness, and an organism's drive to ensure it passes its genes to as many generations as possible.
- Make the resource part of an evolution unit or genetics lesson
- Show more examples of extreme parenting using an interesting article
- Take some time after the video to review the statistics with younger viewers to ensure they understand
- This video is hosted on YouTube
- Family trees help viewers understand the percentage of genes passed to offspring
- The video uses funny examples to illustrate the concept of altruism and survival of the fittest