This Why Do Buildings Fall in Earthquakes? instructional video also includes:
There are few natural phenomena as startling as an earthquake, and depending on the building you're in, these experiences can be downright terrifying. Follow along as this video explores the factors that determine how a building reacts to an earthquake, and the developing technologies to protect against these disasters.
- Watch the video during an earth science unit on plate tectonics
- Following a viewing of the video, have your class perform short research projects on different anti-earthquake technologies
- Flip your classroom by assigning the video and assessment as homework
- Unique animations help to capture the attention of viewers and provide visual support to the content being presented
- Resource allows teachers to customize their own lessons based on the video
- Includes a brief assessment with five multiple choice and three free-response questions with the video