This Where Did Viruses Come From? video also includes:
When did things start going viral? Travel back through eons of history and learn about the origins of viruses. Part of a larger series, the lesson discusses what scientists already know and how they study viruses. The video also details current theories for unanswered questions and explains the importance of multiple disciplines working together.
- Add new vocabulary such as paleovirology (which isn't covered in most textbooks) to science journals
- Video content ends at 7:30, and the remaining portion is an ad
- Relies on prior knowledge of DNA, RNA, and evolution
- Provides subtitles in English for ease of note taking
- Explains complex concepts well without overwhelming viewers with too many details
- Fast paced to maintain attention