This When Humans Were Prey video also includes:
A quarry worker in southern Africa discovered the first fossil evidence that the human species originated on the continent less than 100 years ago! Evidence from the specimen indicates the first humans were not the hunters—but the prey. The video from the a larger Eons series follows the fossil history to map the evolution of the human species.
- Have learners take note of the evidence in the video that scientists use to make their conclusions
- Use snapshots of the fossil images to create a lesson presentation and post as a resource
- An understanding of the ancestral history of the human species is helpful
- Packs a large amount of information in a small amount of time
- Images and animations help to create a greater understanding of the history of human evolution