If you can't see something, how do you know it's there? Welcome to the mystery of dark matter! Curious cosmologists explore one of physics' longest-running quandaries through an interesting video. Content includes who first proposed the hypothesis, how dark matter makes itself known, and current tests scientists are performing in hopes of directly observing the particles.
- Use the video to liven up an astronomy unit or to highlight the use of indirect observation in science
- Pause the video as directed and discuss the questions posed by the narrator
- Provide some context on light and its interactions with typical matter before viewing the resource
- Great scripting makes the difficult content easier to comprehend
- Diagrams depicting gravitational lensing are helpful