It's the stuff of life! Where would we be without CHNOPS? Biology scholars discover the elements essential to life with a video from an engaging biology playlist. Topics covered include lipids, proteins, and DNA, as well as the trace elements in our bodies that perform other important functions.
- Include the video in an introductory lesson about biological molecules
- Challenge the class to name molecules that contain only the elements found in CHNOPS
- Make sure the class is aware of covalent bond types and how ions form before watching the video
- Visual elements allow young viewers to get a feel for chemical structures
- The explanations of the importance of each element are thorough yet student-friendly