This Elements and Polarity interactive also includes:
Take a look at some molecules that are so cool, they're polar! Scholars examine the effect polarity has on a molecule's shape and charge. Change up the view and choose between an opaque or transparent molecular surface, complete with color-coded charge areas on each of eight molecules.
- Ask learners to research each molecule featured in the resource so they can relate form to function
- Assess your class' knowledge of bonding by quizzing students on the single, double, or triple bonds present in each molecule
- Schedule time in the computer lab so each pupil can use the interactive
- Discuss the effect of unshared electron pairs on molecular geometry prior to the assignment
- Users can view each molecule in spacefill or ball and stick format
- Users can label each individual atom with its symbol to help with identification