Henry B. Gonzalez, José Luis Guttierez, and Willie Velasquez are the focus of a video that spotlights the contributions the three individuals made for the Chicano population. Actual footage alongside passionate interviews from family members, historians, and journalists convey the events that made up the Hispanic political movement in the United States of America.
- Challenge viewers to take notes while watching the video then write or type a reflection sharing their new-found knowledge
- Have headphones and the link readily available on classroom computers or tablets, direct pupils to watch the video as part of history instruction in a center-based format
- Play the video as part of your instruction during Hispanic Heritage Month which takes place from September 15th to October 15th
- The video contains sensitive material; preview the video prior to showing your class to confirm its level of appropriateness
- Related videos can be found at the bottom of the webpage
- National standards are listed underneath the player
- The video is easy to download and share using clickable links