This Visualizing the World's Twitter Data video also includes:
- Join to access all included materials
Watch as Jer Thorp, former analyst for the New York Times, presents models of human behavior based on Twitter activity. Use the video to show your class the impact and scale of social media during a technology unit. The presenter is enthusiastic and proposes a plan for using data in the future. Check out the included questions and additional information accessible through the toolbar on the right.
- Representations of data are fascinating
- Flip the lesson and customize before sending it off to your class
- You might want to modify the included questions; while reasonable, several focus on minor details from the video
- The video is an overview and doesn't provide much detail about how the data representations were created