This Virtual Lab: DNA Binding Problem interactive also includes:
Why do the bases in DNA pair up the way they do? Unravel the mystery of the double helix in a virtual lab. Young scientists follow in the footsteps of Watson and Crick to determine the free energy associated with DNA base pair binding. The helpful teacher's guide includes printables, reference materials, and a how-to video.
- Assign the background reading for homework the night before pupils complete the virtual lab
- Augment the lesson with interactive materials that celebrate the discovery of the DNA molecule
- The lab requires a high level of knowledge of DNA and chemical equilibrium
- The lab gives users the opportunity to use any amounts of the base solutions they choose, making it a great choice for an inquiry lab
- Thoughtful post-lab questions help you assess learning and fill in the gaps