This DNA Profiling Activity activity also includes:
Everyone loves a good mystery ... can your class actually solve one? Partnered pupils take on the role of forensic investigators during a three-part activity focusing on DNA evidence processing. Learners discover the methods used to develop a genetic profile, how to calculate profile match probabilities, and the function of the polymerase chain reaction.
- Use the activity as an extension for the interactive lesson
- Have individuals research to discover famous cases where DNA evidence solved the crime
- The lesson is appropriate for honors or AP Biology pupils
- The activity can be trimmed down if time is an issue without losing any learning objectives
- A long section of helpful teaching tips ensures a smooth delivery