This Viral DNA Integration activity & project also includes:
How do viruses hijack our cells to produce more viral particles? Junior immunologists model how viral RNA integrates into a host cell's DNA using pop beads and use interactive tools to explore a virus' genome. The teacher's guide contains a worksheet and answer key, plus great ideas for modifying and extending the lesson.
- Use the resource to shed light on the viral DNA integration process or to more closely examine the HIV/ AIDS epidemic
- Provide some reverse transcription practice, then begin the activity
- Check out the multitude of resources in the Click and Learn portion of the teacher's guide to get learners prepared for higher-level work in immunity and DNA
- Plan individual Internet time for the class to use the interactive resource that goes along with their worksheets
- Activity includes several awesome extensions to give your class a more detailed picture of HIV
- Works well as a stand-alone or as a part of the HIV series from Biointeractive