This U.S. v. Amistad: A Case of Jurisdiction interactive also includes:
Just what is jurisdiction and why does it matter? A helpful activity takes academics on a journey to understand how judicial jurisdiction works. Scholars read excerpts from the Constitution and court documents to understand the process of jurisdiction and how it affected the case U.S. v. Amistad. The resource also includes an online worksheet and ends with a group discussion allowing historians to share their thoughts on the case.
- Compare and contrast the outcome to similar court cases
- Discuss how the process of jurisdiction can affect the outcome of a case
- A portion of the activity is completed online
- This resource is only available on an unencrypted HTTP website. It should be fine for general use, but don’t use it to share any personally identifiable information
- The resource includes links to provide additional information for the activity
- Activity includes teaching instructions to help educators