This US History and Government Examination: January 2013 assessment also includes:
While the 1950s seemed to be a time of peace and prosperity, Sputnik, the Korean War, and the Montgomery bus boycott were symptoms of the turmoil that loomed under the surface. Using documents, class members investigate what these events say about the mood of the nation. Other items in the resource examine the role of legislation in American history, and include stand alone multiple choice questions and questions based on stimulus documents.
- Create a group discussion based on the document analysis activity exploring the 1950s
- Use the essay prompt for a web activity to demonstrate how to support an historical argument
- This is the January 2013 New York Regents examination
- Activities allow for scaffolded primary source analysis to build skills
- Prompts allow for authentic high-stakes test practice