The amount of information you can learn about an element from the periodic table is amazing! Young scientists learn how to interpret the atomic number and atomic mass. Using a carbon atom as an example, the instructor describes the subatomic particles based on the atomic mass and atomic number.
- Provide learners with a periodic table to reference throughout this and future lessons
- Learners should be familiar with the atomic structure of atoms
- Requires Internet access to view the YouTube video
- Concludes an eight-part series of lessons
- This video is hosted on YouTube
- Video uses an element familiar to learners so it is not overwhelming for them
- Includes a brief explanation of the effects of isotopes on the atomic mass