This Isotopes and Atomic Mass interactive also includes:
Some isotopes are unstable, or radioactive, meaning they will decay over time and turn into another isotope or stable element. In the interactive simulation, participants manipulate elements to create isotopes and gather information. Stability, abundance in nature, percent composition, and average atomic mass are some of the facts scholars can gather from different isotopes.
- After using the simulation in class, have pairs research specific isotopes for interesting information and share their knowledge with the class
- Teachers can create a free account and then access related lessons, teacher tips, video primers, and other activities
- Assumes classes possess knowledge about the periodic table, atoms, elements, and subatomic particles
- Activity can be accessed in many different languages
- Simulation uses high-quality graphics
- Simulation is simple, easy to use, and utilizes quality graphics