This Two Lane Road activity & project also includes:
Two vehicles move at a constant rate of speed toward each other, but when exactly will they pass? Pupils use still images from a video to determine the rate of speed and when the two cars meet. Then, they watch the complete video to learn the correct answer.
- Use included clues to determine where the video was taken (which side of the street the cars drive on for one)
- How could police apply the same mathematical formula to stop a stolen vehicle?
- Relies on prior knowledge of rate formulas and systems of equations
- Students solve the problem using various math models
- Versatile lesson great as homework, group work, or completed independently in class