This Two Colors Applet interactive also includes:
Find the box with two green balls. The applet uses six balls, three green and three red, and hides them in three boxes. Pupils choose a box and click on it to reveal the color of balls inside. Using the chosen box, the simulation keeps track of whether the first ball was green and if both balls were green. Learners determine the conditional probability the second ball is green given the first one is green.
- Provide a lesson on how to calculate conditional probability
- The class should have a basic understanding of probability
- Individuals should understand the connection between experimental and theoretical probabilities
- This resource is only available on an unencrypted HTTP website.It should be fine for general use, but don’t use it to share any personally identifiable information
- Includes a tally sheet to keep track of the single runs
- Provides links to several related resources