This Transformations of Graphs video also includes:
Geometric transformations in algebra ... what? Given four transformations, the narrator explains how each affect the graph of the original function. The transformations involve translations and reflections, both horizontally and vertically. With the video and practice, pupils see that algebraic transformations have the same effect as they do in geometry on the pre-image.
- Make connections to reflections and translations of geometric figures
- Create transformations of functions the class is familiar with, so they can see the transformations in action
- Individuals should be able to graph functions
- Uses examples to explain the effects of transformations
- Contains an answer key showing the resulting transformations