This Think Like a Historian: A Viewing Guide lesson plan also includes:
Calling all junior detectives! Scholars use the tools of investigation to determine the causes and impacts of the American Civil War. Using viewing guides, videos, group research, and written resources, they discover what it takes to solve a history mystery.
- Assign roles to divide the class into detective teams
- Distribute the Reading like a Historian material to the class prior to the main lesson as a preview of how to look into a resource
- Group sizes should be no more than three
- Contains printable resources and materials for classroom use
- Provides a viewer's guide to use during the video presentation
- Teacher's guide link is broken on the website