Free Trade and Sailor's Rights! Pupils dive into America's first declared war, the War of 1812. They analyze the presidencies of Jefferson and Madison through diary entries and historical reasoning. To conclude the lesson, they use their new knowledge to write a final essay response.
- Create teams to research selected topics on the War of 1812 and present to the class
- Come up with a series of guided-reading questions to assist those having difficulty with the material
- Lesson is designed for one class period, plan pacing accordingly
- Resource includes printable materials for classroom use
- Lesson provides discussion and written response questions