This The Voting Record of the Constitution interactive also includes:
A piece of the past helps shape the future. Learn what historical documents reveal about the past using an engaging activity. Academics participate in a role-playing scenario, view the voting record of the Constitutional Convention, complete written prompts, and discuss their opinions in a group setting. The resource helps scholars to interpret historical documents and understand how differing opinions shaped voting.
- Create a mock congress to vote on class issues to reflect the Constitutional Convention
- Compare the voting record of the Constitutional Convention to modern congressional voting
- A portion of the activity is completed online
- This resource is only available on an unencrypted HTTP website. It should be fine for general use, but don’t use it to share any personally identifiable information
- Activity is great for remote learning
- The resource is a good skills practice using primary sources