This The Two People We're All Related To video also includes:
Is it possible all current lineage trace back to one male and female? Mitochondria DNA suggest just that! A lesson with this interesting perspective on genetic heredity explains how all human DNA connects to a single male and female in ancient Africa. Learn how this is possible and how we know it to be true.
- Collect ancestral DNA from those that have had DNA tested to compare to the information in the video
- Have learners research further using resource links in the summary
- Knowledge of DNA replication is helpful
- The video is part of the PBS Eons series
- A large amount of information packed in a small amount of time
- The narrator shows excitement for the topic, making it more engaging