This The Twits - The Monkeys Escape lesson plan also includes:
Houses come in all shapes and sizes, but not all houses are safe from Mr. and Mrs. Twit. The 10th lesson in a unit designed to accompany The Twits by Roald Dahl turns learners into architects. While designing houses for the monkeys, they discover how to conduct an investigation and draw conclusions.
- Begin the lesson by discussing different materials and designs used in the construction of houses
- Extend the lesson by writing paragraphs or short stories about the houses that groups design
- Read up to Chapter 28 in The Twits before beginning the lesson
- Incorporates STEM concepts and the scientific method into a language arts lesson
- Encourages scholars to work collaboratively
- Suggests activities to help extend the learning