This The Treaty of Guadalupe Hidalgo interactive also includes:
The Treaty of Guadalupe Hidalgo ended the Mexican-American War, but it did not end tensions between the two nations. The activity provides learners with an opportunity to practical historical analysis with text experts from the Treaty of Guadalupe Hidalgo. Budding scholars work in groups to review the text, read articles, complete a jigsaw, and participate in group discussion to understand the impact of the treaty on the United States and Mexico.
- Create a list of the causes of the Mexican-American War
- Have pupils rewrite the treaty in their own words
- The resource includes an online component
- This resource is only available on an unencrypted HTTP website. It should be fine for general use, but don’t use it to share any personally identifiable information
- The activity is easily adaptable for remote learning
- Resource includes a Spanish translation of the document