This The Physical Sciences at Women's Colleges lesson plan also includes:
After a brief introduction to the history of women's colleges in the United States and a discussion of the resistance such institutions faced, young scientists investigate seven traditionally women's colleges and their physics programs. Using what they have learned, groups create a brochure for their chosen institution that spotlights the physics program.
- Use during March's Women's History Month
- Post the brochures, next to the map, for the colleges on classroom walls
- Groups require access to devices with internet connections
- Requires copies, one per participant, of the "Analyzing Historical Photographs Worksheet"
- Copies of "AIP Physics at Women's Colleges Selection Table," one per group, are also required
- An introductory essay provides background information for teachers and/or pupils