This The Other Explosion You Should Know About video also includes:
Scientists replace incorrect ideas when new evidence appears, but what happens when scientists reject the new evidence? Learn the story of the Avalon explosion and the scientists who resisted the fossils proving it existed as one part of the larger PBS Eons series.
- Discuss trilateral symmetry in more detail
- Create a timeline of the Avalon explosion in the contest of eons
- Relies on prior knowledge of fossils and the Cambrian explosion
- Offers closed captioning for the hearing impaired
- Lists references for extended research
- Requires very little class time