This The Night Before D-Day interactive also includes:
Get inside the mind of General Eisenhower regarding the D-Day invasion. An interesting activity uses historical documents to highlight the differences between Eisenhower's public stance on D-Day and his private opinions. Scholars analyze the documents, answer a series of questions, and discuss their findings as a group.
- Compare Eisenhower's statements before and after the D-Day victory
- Show footage from the D-Day battle to help pupils understand the struggles the Allied Powers faced
- The activity requires Internet access
- The activity is perfect for remote learning situations
- Resource is adaptable for multiple grade levels