This The New Anatomy: Crash Course History of Science #15 video also includes:
How did scientists move beyond the medical ideas of Galen? Dissect the past with the 15th installment in a History of Science video series. Topics include Vesalius' dissections, the microscope, and mapping the human body.
17 Views 8 Downloads CCSS: Adaptable
- Add the video to the beginning of a body systems unit or anatomy class
- Have the class read about von Leeuwehoek's animalcules before a lesson on protozoa
- The subject matter, including dissection and vivisection, could be disturbing to some students
- Amazing and informative, the resource illustrates major advances in understanding plant and animal anatomy
- The video is a great tool for illustrating the power of observation