This The Mystery of the Eocene’s Lethal Lake video also includes:
One lake in Germany killed everything that swam in it, drank from it, or flew over it providing scientists with an incredible fossil record and a huge mystery. PBS Eons explains the rarity of the fossil finds including turtles in the process of mating, pregnant animals with the fetus preserved, and animals with fur and feathers still in place. The narrator then describes the current theories about the lethal lake's ability to kill and preserve animals.
- Add the large number of vocabulary words to science journals
- At 0:56, the narrator says the fossil is a Thaumaturus, but actually it is a Darwinius
- Relies on prior knowledge of fossils, fossil record, carbon dioxide, and lake stratification
- Incredibly interesting and keeps viewer attention
- Offers subtitles for English learners